Thursday, July 31, 2008

Why Bed Rest?


I had a lot of emails this morning about why I am on bed rest, so I thought I should fill everyone in. My blood pressure has been a bit too high, so my doctor decided it was time for me to get some rest at home. Since hanging out at home, the blood pressure seems to be in check and the massive swelling in my feet, ankles and legs has almost completely gone away- although it is apparent if I am up at all during the day because it comes back very quickly!


Otherwise I am in good shape and Jackson is doing great! He weighed 5 1/2 lbs at the doctor yesterday and was measuring right on schedule at 34 weeks. The doctor gave me a series of steroid shots to help his lungs mature in case he decides to make an appearance before September 10th. This is a picture of him taken on July 11th, I hope you can see the mischievous smirk on his face! I think he is going to be a handful!!

4 comments:

carriewv said...

Oh my you have joined the ranks of us bloggers! YAY!

Anonymous said...

Jackson will be here before you know it! I can't wait to meet him.

Noel

Anonymous said...

Hey Jenny...I've been keeping up with how you are doing through Katie and Carrie. I am glad things are going well with the bed rest. I am due August 24th and I can't wait because I am assuming my ankles and hands might return to some sort of normal size. I think my working days are just about up too. I am excited to keep up with you now that you have a blog too. Hello to Jared and I hope all goes well. Elizabeth

CBRESQ said...

Glad you are blogging Jenny. I will have to add your link to my page. Hope you are feeling okay. I am sure it is boring on bed rest, but rest up now - you will need it later:) Take Care.