Saturday, January 24, 2009

RSV

I took Jackson to the doctor on Monday because he had a runny nose and a TERRIBLE cough. Just as I was afraid of, the doctor said he had RSV. So, Jared and I have been alternating staying home this week. Jackson has been so cranky and clingy. We have not seen very much of this at all:
Instead, we have seen a lot of crying and many, many melt downs. We have been doing breathing treatments every 4-6 hours with our new friend Penguin Nebulizer:

Jackson comes and goes with the breathing treatments. Sometimes he could care less and other times you would think we were chopping off his legs.
I think he is starting to feel better though. He is sleeping better and doesn't sound near as wheezy when he breathes. He also is not a clingy as he had been. But, with these rosy cheeks, I fear that on Monday when we go for our follow up that Dr. Childers will say we now have an ear infection!

Jackson has had 5 ear infections since Thanksgiving! We go to the ENT doctor on February 16th. I'm thinking we are headed towards tubes.
Finally, Jared took this picture of Jackson and I today and I love it so much that I had to post it!


Have a great weekend everyone!

3 comments:

Caroline & Tucker said...

poor little guy! we have had our share of ear infections and rsv, with both kids. caroline had tubes and it was great! it was a tough day when she got them in, but we had no more ear infections! i think she was 8 months old. i know it is frustrating for you guys because you want him to be better. hang in there! he still looks cute as always, even when he is sick!

Katie said...

Before Jordan got RSV last year I thought RSV was a big deal. While the breathing treatments are not fun, they will hopefully pass for Jackson. That is a great picture of you and Jackson- clearly Jared is getting the hang of his Christmas present.

Kimberly said...

I'm glad he's feeling better! And go Jared with the camera!