Thursday, November 20, 2008

3 Months and so much more

WARNING: PICTURE OVERLOAD

Since it's been a month since I've updated the blog (I apologize to the faithful readers) I have a lot to catch up on. So, to kick things off...here is Jackson's 3 month picture taken on November 11th. He is able to sit up really well when propped up and is smiling all over himself these days. He is not too far off from laughing.



We did end up visiting the hospital again at the end of October for another 24 hour test- this time I didn't have to be a patient as well! Jackson was tested for acid reflux, which thankfully he does not have!! While in the hospital he was also seen by the pulmnologist, who determined that he does not have asthma either!!! An ear, nose and throat doctor also came for a visit and he was able to give an answer to Jackson's breathing/respiratory issues that so far has made the most sense. He thinks Jackson's nose makes too much mucous. Hopefully this is something he will grow out of (or his nose will grow into) and for now we are just suppose to use saline drops and suction out his nose. He is really doing a lot better with his breathing. Jared and I have noticed a steady improvement over the past month with the suctioning.

So Jackson spent his first Halloween in the hospital, but was released just in time to go to Emma and Ethan's Halloween party. He went as a "Jackson-O-Lantern!"


Finally, we have started eating some cereal in the evenings like a big boy. I keep it pretty runny and he seems to love it!! Although not so sure at first, he quickly came to really like it and now when we put him in his highchair in the evenings he smiles and gets so excited because he knows what's coming.
This is a picture from the first night, not too sure about all this...
But here are some pictures from last night, as you can see cereal is a HUGE hit!



I had surgery at the beginning of the month to remove the kidney stone that landed me in the hospital with Jackson. The surgery went well and the doctor didn't seem to think that I would have any future trouble with kidney stones- which is great since the pain was worse then anything I experienced giving birth to Jackson!
We are having him baptized next Saturday while his Uncle Evan is home for Thanksgiving. It will be the first time they have met and Jackson is pretty pumped up about it.
I will try my very best to be better about posting in the future, but stick with me, I have a trial coming up in just a few weeks that is taking up a lot of my time, but I will do my best! I am working on downloading our videos to the computer, once I get it done and if I can figure out how to get them on blogger I'll post a few.
Everyone have a wonderful Thanksgiving next week!!!

4 comments:

Kimberly said...

It's about time!!! He looks sooo tiny in that rocking chair. And that '1st experience w/ cereal" pic is tooooo cute!

Katie said...

Love the smile in the 3 month picture! I'm glad everyone is on the mend now.

CBRESQ said...

Glad you are back and feeling better. Jackson is a cute kid. Enjoy the holidays and baptism and post some pics. Take care.

Elizabeth said...

Those are great pictures!! I love the Jackson-o-lantern. Ainsley is getting baptized on the same day as your cutie. It'll be a fun day. We start cereal next month. Should be interesting. Happy Thanksgiving!