Monday, March 16, 2009

7 Months

Jackson turned 7 months old last week. He is doing great! He is sitting up all by himself and playing peak-a-boo. Rolling over is still not something he is particularly fond of. He can do it if he has too, but for the most part he just cries if he wants on his back when he's on his tummy. If he could get it all together he would be crawling, I think within the next month he'll be up and about. He can stand for several seconds at a time and is a good stander when holding on to the coffee table.

Jackson seems to be doing so much better now that he has his tubes. He had a little cold last week and believe it or not did not get an ear infection! We're hoping now that he can actually hear us that he starts putting together some sounds. We've been working on "da-da" but he just laughs when we say it- I'm sure that is not a reflection on his da-da!



I'm not sure what prompted the tongue to be stuck out when he smiled the other night, but most of his pictures are of him smiling with his tongue out. The little dog beside of him has become his little buddy recently. And of course, the blocks were not safe for long...

We've kept Jackson out of daycare for the past two weeks in an effort to make sure that he is healthy before heading back to daycare. He is going back on Thursday- wish us luck!

2 comments:

CBRESQ said...

It is so hard to believe that he is seven months old already. I am really glad the tubes are helping him. Be careful what you wish for with the crawling thing - I miss his age for Vivian when she stayed where we put her:)

Katie said...

I love the tongue out picture. He looks so happy, and I'm sure he'll be rolling over and crawling before you know it. I swear I think Jordan was crawling before she would roll over.