Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Happy 1st Birthday!

One year! The past twelve months have flown by. It seems like just a few days ago that my water broke at 5 am and Jared and I made a mad, crazy dash to the hospital. I will never forget that morning, as I am certain that Jared won't either.
I could not have imagined when I first found out that I was pregnant the incredible amount of love one person could have for another. I cannot remember life without Jackson now and wouldn't trade one minute of the past year for even a second of my life before.
We had a few rough patches early on with his breathing issues and all the time spent on the apnea monitor and the ear infections, all the ear infections! But for the past several months we have been doing well.
He's crawling like a champ and is taking a few steps here and there. He says dada all the time and occassionally mama (normally when things are not going well for him). He is starting to say a form of "thank you" and "kiky" for kitty and something similar to dada for doggy. When the phone rings he gets really excited and yells dada, even if Jared is right beside him. He "talks" all the time and is so funny with his expressions and his personality. He has 7 teeth and has a fourth tooth coming in on the bottom and a molar.
Here are some pictures we had made for his first birthday at Sears- poor guy hadn't slept a wink the night before and refused to take a nap that morning, so given that I think the pictures turned out wonderfully!








Little boy, mommy and daddy wish you the happiest of 1st birthdays. You are truly a joy and a blessing in our lives. We love you so very much! You have changed so much over the past 12 months, we cannot wait to see the incredible changes in the upcoming 12 months.
Happy Birthday Jackson!

5 comments:

MilissaBee said...

Wow, time does fly. I can't believe he is already 1. He is the cutest little boy! I wish you much love and happiness.

Love, Milissa

Elizabeth said...

I love the pictures!! He is such a sweetie. Ainsley's 1st birthday is at the end of the month and we are so excited. Isn't it funny how the time flies by? Glad to see you on here again...we missed you guys! Did I mention he's a sweetie? :)

Lawbot said...

Too cute!

Anonymous said...

What a handsome young man the two of you have made. This year truly did fly by, didn't it!!!??? It's hard to believe Jackson is already a year old! I wish you all the best!!!!

Paula B.

CBRESQ said...

Happy Belated Birthday Jackson!!! He is so cute - it is hard to believe he is one already. Sounds like he is keeping you busy and I am sure you are having a good time.