Monday, September 22, 2008

Last Week



This is mine and Jackson's last week at home. Starting on Monday I go back to work and he starts daycare. While I am excited to get back into a routine and be back at work where I can have conversations with adults before 5:30 when Jared gets home, I am really going to miss the time that Jackson and I share together during the day. He and I have really enjoyed the past 6 weeks together (or at least I have, I'm assuming that he has!)- but the time has really flown by quickly!!



It will be nice that Jackson's daycare is in my office, he will just be one floor below me. So I will be able to sneak down and see him during the day and go down at lunch and give him a bottle. I think that will make it a little easier.

Of course he's crying right now for no reason whatsoever, so maybe Monday won't be so bad! :)




7 comments:

CBRESQ said...

Good luck going back to work. I know how hard it was when I started taking Vivian to the babysitter. Of course, it will be better since he will be at your office - just do not let him get down on the carpet:)

That last picture of him is so cute. He is changing his looks and I see a lot of both of you in his face.

carriewv said...

I think it will be nice for you to have him so close in the daytime. My sitter is out near my house, which is convenient, but sometimes I wish I was putting her downtown so I could see her at lunch. Oh well, can't second guess everything!

TwinMommyLawchick said...

Good luck! I agree with Carrie D. too.

CBRESQ said...

Hey Jenny

Its me again. Just wanted to let you know that I will be in Charleston on Oct. 3&4 and would like to see you and Jackson if that would work out. Let me know. I will be crashing at Katie's house.

MilissaBee said...

Oh I know that agony and pleasure of going back work. Such a mixed bag of feelings.

You are so fortunate that Jackson's daycare is so close. That rocks.

Kimberly said...

Good LUCK! He'll do fine...it's harder on you guys! And that last pic is adorable!

Katie said...

Leaving Jordan at day care that first day was difficult, but it really did help being able to go down to see her during the day. Even before she was mobile, I was addicted to the day care cameras. Selfishly, I've missed having you at the office, but I'm glad you have enjoyed your time with Jackson on maternity leave. I love that picture of him!