Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Two Days Down


Well we are two days into our "return to the real world" and I think we are doing okay. Yesterday wasn't too bad leaving Jackson at daycare and then going to the office all day. Sunday on the otherhand...well that was hard because I thought about everytime I looked at him.
I'm slowly getting back into the swing of things here at work. I think by the end of the week I'll be totally back in the groove. Jackson seems to be doing well with daycare- I haven't heard any complaints anyways.
The hardest part has been dragging my butt out of bed in the morning. I didn't acknowledge the alarm was going off this morning for 45 minutes, which then made us all (Jared included) late for work. Jared has been great about helping in the mornings. He gets up and gives Jackson his 6am bottle and then gets him cleaned up and dressed. He also washes the bottles from the nighttime feedings so they are clean and ready to go when we get home.
I'm not sure what Jackson thinks of this whole thing, but he does seem to be adjusting well to it. Hopefully that will continue!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have been wondering about you guys this week, and how it is going for you - I'm glad you sent the update. Jackson will be fine. Though I'm sure he misses you, it's probably harder on you than it is on him. I remember those days with my own firstborn, and I don't miss that part. Keep us posted!!!!

PB from Linda's office